Guru Nanak College of Science, Ballarpur is a single Faculty science college affiliated to Gondwana University, Gadchiroli.
The college was established in 1971 by Guru Nanak Sewa Samiti with moto "विद्या विचरी तां परोपकारी" with a view to impart science education to the rural and semi urban students of Chandrapur and Gadchiroli Districts. In accordance with the above motto this institution has diversified academic programme and gives more emphasis on the curricular and co-curricular aspects so as to ensure the all round development of the students. Considering the industrial needs of the area and also the recent trends in the fields of science, the college has introduced various courses from time to time during the last four decades. This institution has a track record of its academic excellence at different levels under the able guidance of its founder president and the visionary Late Sardar Shri Ajit Singhji Soni. The college continues marching ahead with its well qualified and devoted staff under the able guidance of the beloved President Sardar Shri Naginder Singhji Soni.
- To create, widen and strengthen the interaction among the students, teachinf community, scientists and the industries, and to serve the community through coordinated research and hard work.
- To create and nurture scientific temper among students.
- To create among students a desire for consistent esearch and inquire.
- To deliver sustained, high quality education in the most congenial manner.
- To prepare students for fostering global compentency.
- To promote use of ICT in every area of education.
- To bring about PPP [Public Private Participation] for the growth of the emerging sciences.
- To inculcate creativity, leadership qualities, moral values and enterprise among students.
- To make students aware about how to manage knowledge collectively and work in multi-disciplinary team.
- To generate among students a multi-disciplinary perspective, knowledge management skills, and the team-work
- To help the students to evolve into sensitive enlightend citizens to participate in National development.
- Academic excellence and integrity
- Outstanding teaching and service
- Scholarly research and professional leadership
- Integration of teaching, reasearch, and service
- Individual and collective excellence
- Diversity, equity and social justice
- Education of individuals across the life span
- Collegiality and collaboration
- A literate and educated citizenry is vital to a democratic society.
- All people are entitled to a high - quality education, grounded in sensitivity to individual dignity, professional integrity, and a positive and nurturing environment.
- A dynamic education system fosters an equitable, productive economy in a global environment.
- Teaching and learning should be informed by scholarly research and effective practice.
- Technology should be used to improve the quality of teaching and learning, research and outreach to the state, nation and the world.
- Inter-disciplinary programs should be used to enhance human learning, values, growth and development across the life span.